How much is my
apple device worth?
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our frequently asked questions – if you can’t find the answer to your query below, then please contact us on 01634 405662 or fill out our enquiry form.
When do I get paid?
As long as everything goes smoothly when we receive your device, we aim to get payment to you within 2 working days by Bank Transfer. We will send you an email to confirm payment has been sent.
What payment methods do you offer?
We pay by Bank Transfer only. Please ensure your details are entered correctly for payment as this will delay funds getting to you.
What if my phone is blocked?
If your phone is blocked, it is likely it has been reported lost or stolen. We do not purchase blocked handsets. If you are the rightful owner of a blocked handset, we suggest you contact your service provider to have the phone unblocked.
Do I get a higher price for a new handset?
To keep things simple, we only class handsets as ‘working’, ‘poor’ or ‘faulty’. Therefore, new handsets would be classed and valued as ‘working’.
Does my handset colour affect the price?
In order to keep things nice and simple we pay you the same price regardless of handset colour.
How can I tell if my phone is working, poor or faulty?
Each device sold must meet the following criteria:
- Turn on and off.
- Device must be 100% functional, including WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, GSM, camera’s, video/voice recording, making and receiving calls, gyroscope, compass, accelerometer, headphone ports, charging function, all speakers, SIM/memory card ejects mechanisms, all operating systems functions with no hardware or software errors.
- All buttons including power, volume, silent/mute switches must be working.
- Screen must be in working condition with no cracks or chips, dead pixels, bright/dark spots, blank screens, solid colour screen, no “leaking ink”, digitiser must not have any dead patches and must be fully functional, screen is not lifting or digitiser is not loose from frame.
- Slight cosmetic wear and tear is acceptable, i.e. one or two faint scratches to screen, no longer than 2cm and not deep scratches.
- No dents or scuffs with missing paint or colour affected.
- Can have slight discolouration on housing/chassis/casing due to 3rd party accessories.
- Must not have any bends in frame, chassis, case, housings, however slight.
- It must not be crushed, broken in half or bent in any way.
- Must not have 3rd party parts fitted and only have original genuine Apple parts fitted to device.
- Camera lens must be 100% clear with no cracks, missing lens, and all cameras working with no marks, spots or artefacts on camera display.
- Must include battery with at least 75% design capacity.
- Must not have suffered any liquid ingress or condensation including exposure to moisture in atmosphere (bathroom’s, sauna’s, swimming pool’s etc).
- Must not be iCloud locked, have activation lock or have any passwords.
- Must not be flagged as stolen or lost or have any outstanding finance.
- Device must be registered to a UK network or unlocked if device accepts a SIM card.
- Device must not be jailbroken or 3rd party unlocked.
- No missing parts or screws.
- No engravings.
Must be in as Working Condition but can include:
- Heavier wear and tear.
- One or two chips to screen no bigger than 3mm.
- One or two small dents to housing, chassis or frame.
- Must not have any missing parts, externally or internally.
- Must not be significantly bent or internally damaged.
- Can have working 3rd party, non-genuine parts fitted.
- Can have engravings.
- Broken screen including “leaking ink”, cracked glass, lines on display, no display image, faulty touch screen, dark/light spot/patches on LCD display.
- Not charging or battery not holding charge.
- Faulty buttons accepted.
- No sound from speakers or headphone port accepted.
- No GSM signal/WiFi signal fault accepted excluding any conditions set forth in clauses 13.6, 13.7, 13.8.
- Faulty or No Touch ID accepted.
- Faulty cameras accepted.
- Missing minor or small parts accepted not including any major part which would render the device useless.
Device Received In Any Other Condition
If your device arrives in a different condition to your original description we will contact you with a revised offer for your device. You have 14 days to accept or decline our revised offer. If you decline the revised offer, we will return your device for FREE. If you accept the revised offer we will carry on processing your payment for your device. If we do not hear back from you after 14 days of the revised offering being issued, we will assume you agree with the revised offer and continue processing your device.
Liquid/Water Damaged Condition
- Any device(s) exhibiting liquid/water damage, however small, and does not indicate by Liquid Damage Indicator, will result in cash4apples revaluing the item at a reduced cost of £0.00.
Dead/No Power On Devices
- Any device(s) that do not power on or are dead, will result in cash4apples revaluing the item at a reduced cost of £0.00.
What must I include with my handset?
We like to keep things simple. So we just need the handset with its battery.
How do I delete my personal data & Activation Lock from my device?
Is my phone classed as ‘working’ if it works but has a broken screen?
Sorry, but no. Broken screens are expensive to replace. Therefore, the phone will be classed as ‘faulty’.
I sent more than one FREE returns pack bags together but only one has arrived?
Don’t panic! It’s common that Royal Mail deliver packages sent from the same address at different times.
I sent my device, has it arrived?
We will send you an email on the day your device arrives. Our FREEPOST service should take 2-3 working days to be delivered to us. On some occasions the Royal Mail can unfortunately take up to 15 working days to deliver.
If we have not received your device within 15 working days then it may possibly the package has been lost. In order to make a claim you will need to contact Royal Mail on 08457 740740 or visit www.royalmail.com for more information.
Do I need to send the SIM card with my phone?
No, we only require the handset and battery. We will not return any SIM card or memory cards that we receive. These will be removed and destroyed on arrival and without informing you first.
We accept no liability in the event that any device that has been sent with its SIM card and charges are then incurred. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges.
Do I need to send the charger or accessories?
No, we just need the handset with its battery. We do not pay for any accessories being sent.
What if my FREE returns pack becomes lost or stolen during transit?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for non-delivery of devices. If in the unfortunate event that our FREE returns pack becomes lost or stolen, we will launch an investigation with Royal Mail and a search on the package will begin. This may take up to 60 days before the package is declared lost by Royal Mail.
We do not pay you any insurance or compensation for lost, stolen or damaged devices sent to us. You are solely responsible for sending your device to us and we take no responsibility should sent devices become lost, stolen or damaged during transit. If you are sending devices with value more than £50.00, we recommend you send to us using Royal Mail Special Delivery with the correct insurance value or use a courier of your choice.
Registered deliveries should be sent to us at Cash4Apples headquarters:
The Historic Dockyard
Do I pay for postage when sending my devices?
We offer a FREEPOST service which allows you to post 1 device to us per returns pack. You will not be expected to pay for any postage when taking your FREE returns pack to any post office.
If you are sending devices with value more than £50.00, we recommend you send to us using Royal Mail Special Delivery with the correct insurance value or use a courier of your choice.
I’ve placed an online order but have not received a FREE returns pack?
We send returns pack within 2 working days of your order being placed. If you have not received your pack within 5 days, please get in touch with us.
Is my order tracked when sent to you?
Yes. We use Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded which include tracking information obtained from Royal Mail’s tracking portal. Google “Royal Mail Tracking” and enter the tracking information provided.
How do I send my devices to you?
Once you have placed an online order and selected a FREE return pack option, we will send you a return postal pack with 2 working days with instructions detailing how to send to us. Simply put your device in the provided postal pack, following included instructions, and send back to our address with FREE return label provided.
What is Activation Lock?
Activation Lock is a security feature from iOS7 and newer iOS vesions which locks your Apple device to your iCloud account. We require you to remove your iCloud account from your device before sending it to us.
Details and instructions for removing your iCloud account from your device can be found on our Activation Lock page. Please see our T&C’s for Activation Locked devices.
Do you buy broken phones?
We buy both Working and Faulty phones. Please select the Faulty option when selling your phone to display the Faulty value.
Do you accept stolen, blocked or barred devices?
We check every device we receive with the CheckMEND database, a crime protection database, which will flag any stolen, barred or insurance claim device. If we find any device sent to us for recycling has been flagged, we will inform you and recycle your device. We will not send back your device and you will not be due any monies. We will simply recycle your device without warning.
Please see our T&C’s for lost/stolen/barred devices.
Do you accept fake/counterfeit phones?
Simply no. There are a number of counterfeit Apple products on the market that may look like an exact copy of the original Apple product but internally they differ greatly.
We inspect and check every device that arrives with us and if we find a fake/counterfeit device, we will contact you to inform you and charge administration and return delivery costs. If we do not hear back from you with 14 days, we will simply recycle the fake/counterfeit device.
Is there a limit to the number of phones I can send to you?
No. We will accept any number of devices you have. We offer a FREE return pack per device being sent. We would recommend you get in touch with us if have a large number of devices that you would like to recycle. We can arrange for a courier to collect larger quantities of devices, usually 10 devices or more, completely free of charge.
My phone is not worth anything, can I recycle it?
If we have calculated your device to have no value, you can still send to us for recycling. Unfortunately, devices that have been calculated to have a zero value will have no resale value. We will simply responsibly recycle your device.
What is an IMEI number?
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a 15 digit serial number unique to each and every phone. You’ll usually find it printed on the back of the handset or on the SIM holder of most Apple iPhones.
Alternatively, you can input the following code within the phone dialling app: *#06#
A 15 digit number should be displayed. Example: 011771007609772
How do I find out what model my handset is?
All Apple products have a model number starting with the letter “A” usually followed by a 4 digit number. You can Google this model number, example A1241, which will return a number of results from various sources but should include the model of your device. In our example, it will return an iPhone 3G.
Alternatively, you can use lookup tools such as http://www.everymac.com/app/search/ Enter your model number, EMC number, IMEI number or serial number and it should return a result. If in doubt, give us a quick call.
What makes and models of devices do you recycle?
We’re Apple specialists, so we only recycle Apple iPhones, iPads, iPods, iMacs, Macbooks, Apple Watch and Apple TV. We do not recycle any other manufacturer.
How do I find out how much my phone is worth?
Simply type in your handset model into the “Enter device model” or “IMEI number of device” and click “Search”. Once your model is found, you will be able to get an instant value after entering some details about your device.